ABOUT NEWBURY

The Plantation of Newbury was settled and incorporated in 1635. It is located in the northeastern portion of Essex County bordered by Newburyport and the Atlantic Ocean on the east. Newbury is approximately twenty-eight miles north of Boston and about seventy-two miles south of Portland, Maine. Newbury hosts a number of New England's most important examples of Colonial architecture, one of which is the Tristram Coffin House, built in 1654. The Plum Island section of town is a residential area, much loved by its summer and year-round residents.


NEWBURY AREA RESOURCES:

Town of Newbury: http://www.townofnewbury.org/Pages/index
Newbury Schools: http://www.trsd.net/
Newbury Town Calendar: http://www.townofnewbury.org/pages/newburyma_calendar/?formid=158
Merrimack Valley Chamber of Commerce: http://www.merrimackvalleychamber.com/